The programme offers young environmental scientists from these countries the opportunity to obtain additional professional qualifications through a research fellowship in Germany for up to 12 months. Applications are made online. The best applicants will be chosen once a year. The research stay in Germany begins approximately six months after the selection interviews have taken place.
The DBU welcomes a wide range of topics in the environmental sciences and especially supports reseach stays in facilities that offer experience in step with actual practice. Some scholarship holders from Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) use their reseach stay in Germany to continue work on their dissertation. The DBU welcomes partnerships between German and international university institutions.
Institutions that host international scholarship recipients include universities, companies from the environmental management, engineering and consulting sectors as well as ministries and other associations. The DBU provides approximately 60 research fellowshiops at German institutions annually for young scientists from the aforementioned countries. The amount of the scholarship is 1,250 € per month. In addition to financial support, health, accident and liability insurance is also provided.
The scholarship begins with a 3-4-week intensive German course in Osnabrück. The cost of the course will be financed by the DBU. Additional information on the course will be communicated after the successful accomplishment of theapplication process.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: September 05, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- up to 60 CEE-fellows are funded per year; you can check our database for examples
- funding period: 6-12 months
- monthly grant: 1.250 €
- health, accident and liability insurance
- several weeks of intensive German course in Osnabrück before the beginning of the stay at the host institution
- support with finding an appropriate host institution in Germany: hosts can be e.g. universities, research institutes, companies, authorities, NGOs
- seminars for exchange between fellows
- invitation to important events of the DBU, such as the German Environmental Award
- networking between fellows and alumni via the online platform Stipnet
- yearly meetings of Alumni in their home countries