Albania Armenia Austria Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg North Macedonia Malta Moldova Montenegro Netherlands Poland Portugal Romania Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Turkey United Kingdom
Are you thinking of starting your own business, or have you recently done so? Or perhaps you are already running a successful business and would like to expand it to new markets, or get fresh ideas? Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs could be for you! Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs helps provide aspiring European entrepreneurs with the skills necessary to start and/or successfully run a small business in Europe. New entrepreneurs gather and exchange knowledge and business ideas with an experienced entrepreneur, with whom they stay and collaborate for a period of 1 to 6 months. The stay is partly financed by the European Commission.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm.
The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
The stay is partially funded by the European Union.
Whether you are a new or highly experienced entrepreneur, the programme can offer strong added value to your business: possible benefits include exchange of knowledge and experience, networking opportunities across Europe, new commercial relations or markets abroad.
Active participation in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme offers aspiring entrepreneurs access to a wide range of benefits to help successfully run or start a new business:
Up to six months stay with an experienced entrepreneur in another Participating Country to gain first-hand knowledge about business start-up in a wide range of areas such as: marketing/sales, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance etc. You will also have the opportunity to improve your business plan, as well as:
- Building self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and management skills;
- Opportunities for collaboration with other entrepreneurs and the development of cross-border business co-operation;
- Networking and building of strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
- Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function in another Participating Country;
- Insights into the business environment of another Participating Country
- Improved language skills.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can participate?
- New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
"Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs" is financed by the European Commission and operates across the Participating Countries with the help of the local contact points, competent in business support (e.g. Chambers of Commerce, start-up centres, incubators etc.). Their activities are coordinated at European level by the Support Office of the Programme.
Grant for your stay abroad
The financial support to new entrepreneurs contributes to travel and subsistence costs during the visit. The grant is paid by the local contact point chosen by the new entrepreneur (registered in the online application).
The new entrepreneur and his/her local contact point sign an agreement which determines the funding granted during his/her stay, and how it will be paid in practice. The financial support is calculated monthly and is based on the monthly lump sum for the relevant country.