Deadline: As soon as possible
Algeria Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Comoros Congo: Democratic Republic Congo: Republic Djibouti Egypt Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Gabon Gambia Ghana Guinea Guinea-Bissau Ivory Coast Kenya Lesotho Liberia Libya Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritania Mauritius Morocco Mozambique Namibia Niger Nigeria Rwanda Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa South Sudan Sudan Swaziland Tanzania Togo Tunisia Uganda Western Sahara Zambia Zimbabwe
The AWDF’s Main Grants Programme supports local, national, sub-regional and regional organizations from across the continent working towards women’s empowerment. The AWDF makes grants for work related to any of our six thematic areas.
AWDF will give grants for projects related to any of our thematic areas, applicants are expected to build in reasonable core costs into their project proposals. Grants can be given to support the capacity and institutional strengthening of organisations including grants for strategic planning, governance systems and fundraising/communication strategies.
Grants can be given to support and strengthen of organisations through strategic planning, governance systems and fundraising and communication strategies.
1. Organisational Information - what is your organisation's purpose?
- What are your organisation's main goals?
- When was your organisation formed?
- Who started your organisation and why?
- Is your organisation local, national, sub-regional or regional?
- In which region(s) does your organisation work?
- Who are the main beneficiaries of your organisation's activities?
- How to assess the strengths and weaknesses, opportunities of your organisation.
- How does your organisation make decisions? Does your organisation have a staff, a board, advisors, or volunteers? How many of each and what roles do they play? How many are women? What are their positions?
- How many people participate in your organisation? Do you have members? If so, how many? How many are women? What are their positions?
- Is your organisation a women's organization? If not, please explain the role women play in making decisions about your organisation's activities.
3. Activities and/or Programmes
- What would you describe as the key areas of work for your organisation, i.e. women's human rights issues, economic empowerment, etc.
- What key challenges does your organisation face in this area of work?
- Describe your organisation's past activities and/or programs.
- Describe your organisation's present activities and/or programs.
- What are your organisation's plans for the future?
- How does this project you are applying for fit into those plans?
4. Financial Situation
- Please include your budget for your current financial year
- What sources of funds does your organisation have for the next twelve months? (Please list sources and amounts.)
- Enclose a set of audited accounts for your last financial year. If these are not available, a financial statement signed by your Treasurer and one other officer or member. The audited accounts/financial statement should include sources of funds for your activities and details of income and expenditure.
Opportunity is About
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
Local, national, sub-regional and regional organisations in Africa working towards women’s empowerment.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants
Grant of $1,000- $25,000.
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.