Algeria Armenia Azerbaijan Bahrain Belarus Chad Egypt Georgia Iran Iraq Jordan Kazakhstan Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lebanon Libya Mali Mauritania Moldova Morocco Niger Oman Palestinian Authority Qatar Russia Saudi Arabia Sudan Syria Tajikistan Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Ukraine United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan
The European Endowment for Democracy Will Assist: pro-democratic civil society Organisations, movements and individual activists acting in Favour of a pluralistic multiparty system regardless of size or Their formal status. The EED Will Also provide assistance to young leaders, independent media and Journalists, That all the Beneficiaries provided adher to core democratic values "‹"‹and human rights as well as subscribe to Principles of non-violence.
About EED Support
What initiatives do we support?
- EED works in a flexible way and therefore receives and assesses request for support in year ongoing manner. THUS there is no deadline, and we are happy to Receive your ideas at any time.
- The support provided by EED CAN Vary in size and duration. However Normally average grants range between € 10,000 and € 150,000.
- EED assists pro-democratic civil society Organisations, movements and individual activists acting in Favour of a pluralistic multiparty system regardless of size or Their formal status.
- EED acknowledges the existing range of pro-democracy Mainly Donors and seeks to act as a gap-filler. We therefore Give priority to activities That Would be difficult to back through other existing channels. In doing so, we follow a demand-driven and Needs-based approach.
- Following the EED covers countries / territories: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine. EED support is THUS Aimed at Actors from These countries / territories.
- EED Will treat your information as private and confidential. We will not provide your information to any other organization, UNLESS you specifically authorise us to do so.
EED’s mandate is “to foster and encourage democratisation, and deep and sustainable democracy” in countries facing democratic transitions or democracy deficits in the EU Neighbourhood region and beyond.
Examples of activities supported by EED (please note that the following list is not exhaustive):
- Promoting political pluralism and diversity
- Increasing the state’s accountability
- Enhancing the inclusiveness of societies, including by fighting all forms of discrimination against women and minorities, and by increasing their participation
- Supporting citizens’ representation and involvement in decision-making processes, both at national and local levels
- Promoting an increased, more effective and more professional role of pro-democracy actors, such as political parties, Unions and civil society organisations
- Promoting fundamental freedoms, including freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of religion or belief
Supported activities cannot be profit-orientated.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
EED predominantly works in the EU neighbourhood. The countries eligible for EED support in the eastern neighbourhood are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine. The countries in the southern neighbourhood are Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Morocco, the occupied Palestinian territories, Syria, and Tunisia.
Since 2015 EED also accepts requests for support from Bahrain, Chad, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and the United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan.
It is not a requirement to be located in one of these countries, but in general the proposed activities should have a strong involvement of actors from the countries covered by EED and target the populations in those countries.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The support provided by EED CAN Vary in size and duration. However normally average grants range between €10,000 and €150,000.