Deadline: As soon as possible
Albania Argentina Australia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Brazil Canada Chile China Colombia Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Ecuador Egypt Estonia Finland France Gambia Germany Ghana Greece Honduras Hong Kong Hungary India Indonesia Iran Ireland Israel Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Korea, North Korea, South Latvia Lebanon Lithuania Macau North Macedonia Malta Mexico Mongolia Morocco Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nigeria Norway Oman Pakistan Palestinian Authority Panama Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Qatar Romania Russia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Tunisia Turkey Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Uzbekistan Vietnam
The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) is an independent, non-profit and non-political student exchange organisation. It provides students in technical degrees with paid, course-related training abroad and employers with highly skilled, highly motivated international trainees. With more than 80 member countries and over 4000 traineeships exchanged each year, it is the largest organisation of its kind in the world. IAESTE for Students - work experience gained abroad increases your chances for employment
In an increasingly competitive job market, much has been said about the need to gain relevant work experience before graduation. IAESTE not only provides traineeship experience but also the valuable experience of working abroad.
Work experience gained abroad enhances your independence and flexibility, communication and foreign language skills, and contributes to your personal and academic development. Employers know that if students have successfully overcome the challenges brought on by international work experience, they will stand out from the crowd at interview.
IAESTE is open to degree level science, engineering, technology and applied arts students in the second year of study and above. The majority of traineeships take place in the summer months, although longer periods are also available.
IAESTE can also provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable volunteering experience in one of our many local committees. Joining IAESTE is joining a world-wide community of like-minded students, willing to take on new and exciting challenges in a fast changing world.
WORK (contact IAESTE in your country, get into the student pool and apply for traineeship), EXPERIENCE (prepare your application documents, submit them though the national committee and wait for the information about the acceptance. Once you're accepted, IAESTE will help you with visa, work permits and accommodation), DISCOVER - yourself and the world during your practical traineeship. Find yourself in the real work, expand your theoretical knowledge with realistic challenges. Discover other cultures, make friends and make an impact towards a better world.
Opportunity is About
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
Most placements are for 8-12 weeks during the summer, but longer term placements are also available throughout the year.
- Enrollment: You must be currently enrolled Full-time in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of application and be studying one of the applicable disciplines (see table below)
- Age: You must be between the ages of 19 and 30
- Language: You must speak good English. While most positions only require English, foreign language skills are sometimes preferred
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants
- All IAESTE trainees generally receive a cost of living allowance that will at least cover food, accommodation and travel to and from work
- The exact amount is determined by the cost of living in the country and the Employer
- You will have to pay for your own travel costs to your receiving country and for personal insurance for the duration of the traineeship
- Most sending countries require you to pay a placement fee. This is determined by the individual Members and Co-operating Institutions
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.