Founded in Singapore in 2017 by Magnus Grimeland and a team of successful entrepreneurs and investors, Antler is a global startup generator and early-stage VC that is building the next big wave of tech. With the mission to turn exceptional individuals into great founders, Antler aims to create thousands of companies globally. Are you ready to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey in Oslo?
Antler is a global early-stage VC enabling and investing in exceptional entrepreneurs. In Oslo, we bring together entrepreneurs from all backgrounds to build disruptive startups in the energy, property, and mobility industries.
Energy, property, mobility: Antler to focus on industries with high potential for innovation in Norway.
Antler has launched in Norway with a mission to enable exceptional individuals to build global businesses in industries with high potential for innovation: energy, property, mobility.
Antler, a global startup generator and early-stage VC fund, recruits talented professionals to join a six-month program designed to support them in finding co-founders to build and grow a business that will go on to solve some of the most crucial problems of tomorrow.
Three industries with high potential for innovation in Norway
Norway has proven to be a welcoming market for innovative technologies such as electrical vehicles. The country is not only an efficient test market but the startup ecosystem has been growing rapidly in recent years and now is booming with entrepreneurs ready to build global businesses.
The Antler team in Oslo has identified three verticals ripe with potential for disruption in the upcoming years in Norway: energy, property, and mobility.
Norway has one of the most electricity-intensive energy systems in the world. There are major opportunities to disrupt energy production, storage, distribution, and optimized usage using the latest technologies.
Due to the increasing population, low unemployment rate and high purchasing power, real estate development is booming in Oslo. The recent availability of relevant data in combination with forward-leaning property developers has led to a fast-growing PropTech environment.
With technological advancements such as IoT, 5G, and automation, there are now growing opportunities to disrupt the whole transportation and telecommunication ecosystems from micro-mobility to shipping and communications. Norway has already proven itself as a pioneer in the early adoption of new mobility technologies such as electric vehicles.
Partnerships with industry experts to offer a major advantage for future founders
Founders from the Oslo cohort benefit from exclusive insights from industry and academic partners. The partners help founders to identify market opportunities and to build and develop their ideas using real-world data. These partnerships also play a key role in supporting founders in their idea validation process.
Antler Oslo’s official partners include:
- OBOS Nordic’s largest cooperative building association
- Fredensborg One of Norway’s top real estate companies
- Hafslund ECO Norway’s leading integrated power group
- Trønder Energi One of Norway’s top distributors of electrical power to private and corporate customers
- Møller Mobility Group and Møller Eiendom
A six-month program designed to build the next wave of disruptive startups in Norway
The Antler program is designed to enable the world’s most brilliant and determined people to build global businesses from scratch.
We help entrepreneurs find the right co-founder and connect them to a top tier network of advisors and experts worldwide. Antler provides funding from day one to support founders building businesses they will own and run, and that can positively impact local, regional and global economies. Through its eight locations worldwide, Antler has received over 20,000 applications, selected over 1000 founders and generated 120+ startups from the programs.
Companies that have been generated in the program across the globe include the likes of:
- Sampingan: A platform helping companies acquire partners and customers using a network of trained and vetted agents.
- Airalo: The world's first eSIM store which enables you to have access to 100+ eSIMs from around the world.
- Cognicept: A human-in-the-loop teleoperation service that can be utilised to reduce mobile robot failure rates.
- Skyqraft: Unmanned, safe-to-fly fixed-wing drones that allow you to conduct inspections without a human.
Are you ready to start your entrepreneurial journey in Oslo?
Taking the decision to start your own business isn’t easy. Antler aims to lower the barriers to entrepreneurship. We select the most brilliant professionals and offer the necessary support to help them find the ideal co-founders and help them test and validate their ideas to transform them into successful companies.
Antler Oslo is currently seeking entrepreneurial minds motivated to build the next wave of companies tackling challenges and opportunities within energy, property, and mobility.
The Antler experience
- Founder community
Join a founder community of thousands of members globally
We invest in exceptional teams and startups from the earliest stage
- Deep sector expertise
Get support from experts across a wide range of industries and technologies
- Expansion support
Unparalleled global network that can help you expand to new markets
- Capital pathway
Support your capital pathway through our global network of top-tier investors
- Right co-founding team
We help you find and build strong foundations with your co-founder(s)
- Insights and tools
Get access to our online platform with resources and playbooks
- Talent network
Support your hiring by connecting you to thousands of highly talented people
Applications are now open for the cohort starting August 16th, 2021.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Antler Oslo is currently seeking entrepreneurial minds motivated to build the next wave of companies tackling challenges and opportunities within energy, property, and mobility.
- We welcome the best aspiring entrepreneurs from very diverse professional and geographical backgrounds. Our founders are tech, business and research professionals who can sell or build a product: software engineering, business development and strategy, but also e.g., data scientists, PhDs in different fields.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Program Starts: August 16, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
What you get
- For the first phase of the program, founders are eligible for a conditional grant of up to US$3,000.
- We then invest US$110,000 for a 11% equity stake (on a fully diluted basis) in each company selected by our investment committee.
- We also organise an Investor Day where your business will have the opportunity to pitch to investors.
- To cover the cost of the program, all companies invested in are required to pay a program fee of US$50,000.