Are you interested in learning a new language or meeting new people? Rotary Youth Exchange is the opportunity of a lifetime for the more than 8,000 students who participate each year. By sharing your own culture and embracing a new one, you help foster global understanding—and learn a great deal about yourself and your home country in the process.
WHAT IS A ROTARY YOUTH EXCHANGE?
Youth Exchange is a study-abroad opportunity for young people who spend anywhere from a few weeks to a full year as an international student hosted by local Rotary clubs.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Contact your local Rotary club to see if it participates and to learn more about the types of programs offered, and specific application process required. Because the selection and orientation process can be lengthy, we suggest you apply 6–12 months before you plan to leave.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Exchanges are for people ages 15–19 who:
- Have demonstrated leadership in their school and community
- Are flexible and willing to try new things
- Are open to cultural differences
- Can serve as an ambassador for their own country
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Costs vary from country to country. Local Rotary clubs generously host students and provide room and board with a host family and a small monthly stipend. Participants are generally responsible for:
- Round-trip airfare
- Travel documents (such as passports and visas)
- Spending money, additional travel, and tour fees