Online Switzerland United States of America
Volunteering for Docip offers a valuable personal and professional experience working alongside indigenous delegates at the United Nations. Docip provides students and motivated professionals from various countries around the world with unique opportunities to volunteer, whether on a short- or long-term basis, either on-site or by e-mail, during international conferences on indigenous issues held in Geneva and New York. Volunteers put into practice their knowledge and experience to provide logistical support to indigenous delegations coming from all corners of the planet. They also acquire new skills while growing both personally and professionally.
Depending on our needs, we call for:
- - translators TO and FROM English, Spanish, French and Russian;
- - interpreters TO and FROM English, Spanish, French and Russian;
- - help desk staff for technical support and assistance with transporting and installing our computers during the conferences;
- - people willing to help indigenous delegates change their plane tickets or perform other similar administrative tasks;
- - people willing to make photocopies for delegates during the conferences;
- - people to gather interventions in the conference room and process them for our archives, including categorizing and uploading the documents to our website; and
- - volunteers for missions such as accompanying indigenous delegates around the city or to international organizations.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Unfortunately, we are unable to contribute financially to expenses related to transportation or accommodation of volunteers. However, a small lunch allowance is provided each day to volunteers working onsite during the conferences.