Austria Croatia Finland France Germany Latvia Netherlands Poland Spain
The new European Media Art Platform offers residencies for media artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
Artists with an EU passport or based in an EU member state (regular taxpayers in one of the EU member states or in a country participating in the Creative Europe program) can apply for a two-month residency in one of the two time frames: within April and August or within January and May (Applicants can choose one of the two options or indicate that they are available for both, exact timing to be negotiated with the host) at one of the following institutions.
- Ars Electronica, Linz
- Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
- Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool, United Kingdom
- IMPAKT Centre for Media Culture, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
- M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
- Onassis Stegi, Athens, Greece
- RIXC, Riga, Latvia
- WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, Wroclaw, Poland
- Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany
Although EMARE is an open call, some organisations are particularly looking for certain topics, so please check all members' information carefully!
The call for 2020 and 2021 is closed. The next call for 2022 is expected to take place in autumn 2021.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio )-visual documentation of previous works, and a preliminary plan or sketch of the proposed project to be developed within the EMARE programme.
- Undergraduate and Master’s students are not eligible, but emerging artists, regardless of age, are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: December 02, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
EMARE includes a grant of 3.000 Euros, a project budget of 4.000 Euros, free accommodation, travel expenses up to 500,- Euros, free access to the technical facilities and media labs within the host institution, consulting by production and market experts and a professional presentation as well as the option to participate in exhibition tours at our members’ festivals.