Austria Belgium Croatia Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Ireland Latvia Norway Poland United Kingdom
Always dreamt of becoming an Ambassador? This is your chance! Are you interested in the EU and would you like to contribute to narrowing the gap between the EU and its citizens? Then apply for the position of EST’s Ambassador in your country now!
As one of our Ambassadors, you are a key player in our network: you are the main contact for your country and an important part of our growing success. You will be responsible for promoting the EST in your country, writing papers, organizing your own events and building a network of student contributors! To put it in a nutshell: you are the face of EST in your country. As the EST is a young organisation, there is also plenty of room for your own input, ideas, and challenges.
Being an Ambassador will allow you to acquire first-hand experience working within an international think tank, being involved in the European policy-making process, organizing events on today’s important political issues and entering into a network of like-minded peers.
- Frequent written contributions (either blog posts or more academic articles)
- Contributions to Common Articles on the initiative of the EST Board relating to current campaigns
- Organization of events with students from your country (e.g. trips to EU institutions or other institutions; discussions; working groups to publish a report)
- Engaging updates such as video posts, interviews, fun facts about your country or yourself on a regular basis to keep the content flowing
- Promotion of the EST in your country, region via Social Media, etc. You to get our name out to every university/educational/civil society institution you can reach
- Your own initiative in representing the EST. It is highly valued one’s ability to come up with new and original ideas to develop in the EST
- Updating the International Officer on the activities you are organizing and submitting comprehensive reports on time each month
The workload as an EST ambassador should be, but is not limited to, minimum 5 hours per week on average. Some weeks you may be required to spend more time doing work for the EST, sometimes it may be less.
A term is defined from September to September, meaning that even though some Ambassadors join the team later throughout the year, their official term will end the following September.
- Send CV and motivation letter to:email@example.com
- Explain us why are you interested in EST and your ideas!
- You will be contacted for an interview once your application has been processed
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The EST is looking for motivated, proactive candidates who have an excellent command of English and good written, verbal and social skills. In addition, Ambassadors are required to live in the country they represent and to be familiar with the country’s higher education system. We are specifically looking for ambassadors from the following countries: France, Belgium, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Austria, Croatia, Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Finland, Latvia and Estonia.
- Be able to speak and write in English fluently. English proficiency needed.
- Writing articles and blog posts
- Good management of social media
- Good skills on planning and organising events
- Good organizational skills. Submit all the monthly reports on time.