The European Union - Latin America and the Caribbean Foundation (EU-LAC Foundation) has he aim of the Foundation is to transform and adapt the strategic partnership between the European Union, Latin America and the Caribbean -adopted in 1999 - into a strengthened and visible reality where the respective societies in both these regions can actively participate.
The EU-LAC Foundation offers internships for a period of maximum three months, spread accross four cycles a year, to university students who are citizens of the European Union (EU), Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), giving them the opportunity to enhance their understanding of the bi-regional Strategic Partnership EU-LAC and hands-on experience on the work of a dynamic bi-regional organisation.
The interns will assist the Foundation’s professional team in their work processes and daily activities, which will afford them the opportunity to make relevant experiences in assistance with the carrying out of activities related to projects; research; proofreading and translation of documents; updating of specific sections of the Foundation’s website and social networks; organisation of events; maintenance of the in-house library, among other activities.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Requirements for applicants:
- Interns must be enrolled in a University programme during the whole time of the internship (either Bachelor or Masters level);
- Eligible disciplines include Political Science, International Relations, Economics, European Studies, Latin American Studies, Communications, Translation and Interpreting, Linguistics;
- Working-level knowledge of English and Spanish (oral and written). Knowledge of German and other languages of the Foundation's Members is considered an asset;
- Advanced competence in internet–based research and identification of relevant data and information;
- Advanced ability to read, analyse and summarise information as well as excellent drafting skills;
- Good communication skills; ability to work in a rapidly changing set of priorities; ability to work both independently and in a team; openness to integrate into a multi-cultural work environment.
- Proficiency in specific technical know-how and social media (e.g., Google Analytics, Drupal, MailChimp, Zotero, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Photoshop);
- Previous experience in the administration of databases;
- Knowledge and practical experience related to the bi-regional relationship between the European Union and Latin America and the Caribbean.
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Program Starts: January 06, 2021
Program Ends: March 30, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- All the students must cover the travel expenses to reach Hamburg as well as taking care of all visa processes and any other requirements related to the relocation. Once the intern has been selected, we will provide relevant information on accommodation and tips while living in Hamburg.
- Interns will receive a monthly stipendium of 450€ to contribute to the living expenses related to housing, diets and local transport. The payment will be done according to the amount of days worked during the month. Therefore, could be the case that you start working later or end earlier in the current month, thus the payment will be less than 450€.