Deadline: As soon as possible
IE3 Global provides internships at over 100 different organizations in 50 countries, where students can earn credit in majors ranging from finance to social work, fashion to nursing.
IE3 Global works closely with each applicant to place students at internship sites where they will meet their personal, professional and cross-cultural goals as part of their academic experience while contributing meaningfully to the host organization. The following application processes help to ensure the success of every IE3 Global applicant.
- Determine whether a study abroad experience or international internship is right for you by reading the Internship vs. Study Abroad section of the IE3 Global website.
- Review the eligibility requirements on the Internships FAQs page of the website.
- Check out the internship listings searchable by your academic major, location, language and professional focus.
- Meet with your IE3 Global Campus Advisor to discuss how an IE3 Global internship will meet your academic goals and how IE3 Global credit will apply towards your graduation requirements.
- Visit our funding section for funding opportunities and use the cost calculator to estimate the costs for individual internship sites. Because IE3 Global is an academic program, financial aid may apply.
- Please note application deadlines are approximately five months prior to the start date of an internship. Refer to the Internship FAQs page for term specific application deadlines.
Application requirements include:
- Professional résumé
- Essays pertaining to your personal, professional and cross-cultural goals
- Two recommendations (1 Academic, 1 Professional)
- Academic Transcripts
- IE3 Global Application Fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Campus application fee paid directly to your home campus
Campus Advisor and IE3 Program Advisor Interviews
- To initiate an application click on the Apply Now button on the specific internship listing
- Within the application you will identify your top three internship site preferences
- Schedule an interview with your IE3 Campus Advisor.
- Upon receiving your Campus Advisor interview report, your application is considered complete. IE3 Global staff will review your application materials and schedule a time to discuss your background and interests in relation to an international internship.
- IE3 Global staff will work closely with the student to determine whether the student will be successful with their internship of choice. If a student is likely to be more successful at an alternate internship site that will be taken into consideration.
- If you're approved for referral to an IE3 Global Internship you will be asked to commit to the program and submit a non-refundable $250 deposit.
- Upon receipt of the $250 deposit and commitment to the program, your application materials will be forwarded on to the internship site for review.
- You will be notified of an application decision and next steps by email. This is generally within four to six weeks of the application deadline.
- You will be notified of final acceptance via email. This can take six to eight weeks, or sometimes longer.
Please contact your IE3 Global Program Advisor if you have any questions.
What are the application deadlines for an internship?
Application deadlines are as follows:
- For Summer term: January 25
- For Fall term: April 15
- For Winter term: September 1
- For Spring term: November 15
Opportunity is About
Description of Ideal Candidate
What standards must an internship meet to be part of the IE3 Global portfolio?
To meet the standards necessary for incorporation in to the IE3 Global portfolio, an internship must:
- Be a minimum of ten-weeks of full-time work
- Integrate academic credit on a student's home campus with on-the-job experience
- Provide a designated supervisor on site
How do I receive academic credit for my IE3 Global internship?
To receive academic credit, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a student during the time of the internship
- Make arrangements to earn credit with a faculty member
- Complete all registration documents required by the office of international programs on a student's campus
The amount and type of credit you receive will depend on your goals, major, and graduation requirements. As a general guideline, internships earn one (academic quarter) credit for every 30 hours of work. Reporting requirements in the past have ranged from weekly journals to summary reports and class presentations. IE3 Global provides a handbook with recommended journal questions that you can use with your professor to arrange a report.
Am I eligible to participate in an IE3 Global internship?
A student is eligible to participate in an IE3 Global internship if they are:
- A junior, senior, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
- Currently enrolled in a degree program at a participating college or university
- In good academic standing
Read the individual position descriptions for information about required skills, training, and language ability specific to a particular internship.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants
With an IE3 Global internship, you will earn academic credit from Oregon State University while gaining professional experience abroad. Internships are available in a variety of private sector companies, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions around the world.
The IE3 Global internship program fee of $3,450 is paid in lieu of OSU tuition and includes the following:
- Academic credit
- Internship placement
- Pre-departure orientation
- International health insurance
- Learning tools
- Monitoring and support by IE3 Global staff throughout the internship
Your Campus Advisor will be able to describe any additional campus fees you can anticipate. Visit specific internship site descriptions for specifics on associated costs.
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.