Provided by: Open Classroom Experience
Open Classroom Experience is a 9-week virtual global innovations program AND continuous community that lies at the intersection of business, technology and social entrepreneurship. This is where ambitious youth come to accelerate their ideas and careers, surrounded by a world-class community.
We are kicking off late-September 2021!
Our project-based and community-driven approach enables top talent to learn faster by sharing best practices and tactics on how to build a social enterprise AND define a career that aligns with their purpose.
- Learn from top industry leaders - Be equipped with tools and frameworks that are relevant to tech and social innovation while gaining an insider’s view to various PURPOSEFUL career paths.
- Solve real business challenge - Work on hands-on project with a team of multi-disciplinary changemakers. Gain real-life experience working with world renowned impact leaders through exclusive virtual exchange.
- Build a social venture from the ground up - Exchange ideas and create something remarkable with peers who are all passionate about building impactful solutions to REAL pressing social challenges.
- Expand your network - Join other top talents who understand your ambitious mind, challenges and drive. Get the support you need to achieve your goals from our close-knit community of changemakers.
How it works: Program Milestones
- Submit an Application - We accept applications on a rolling basis. Apply by August 15 to join the next onboarding cohort in the fall.
- Invitation to Interview - We want to better understand what drives you and how OCE can help you reach your goals.
- Welcome to the Program! - We introduce our Fall 2021 Global Innovation Cohort in September.
- Core Training and Exchange - Global Innovation Cohort will participate in several core training modules led by top industry leaders and attend exclusive exchange with world renowned impact leaders.
- Impact Showcase - Share your journey and work in front of leading industry experts so your growth is seen and heard by those who matters the most.
- Continuous Community - We invite all our alumni to regular re-up sessions and earn access to unique opportunitie so you can keep building on your base of knowledge while expanding your network.
OCE will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world and allows us to bring in the best mentors. Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Program will remain a remote-first experience.
What is OCE NOT?
We are NOT a traditional course or a bootcamp. We don't assign mandatory homework or have recurring instructor-led programming. Instead, we have today's leaders, the people you want to be in 10 years do the guiding then along with your learning group, put it all into practice through hands-on project.
We are NOT a virtual conference. You won’t be sitting through presentations and lectures. We believe that REAL RELATIONSHIP stems from REAL TALKS. That’s why at Open Classroom Experience, all our activities are designed to be a two-way conversation, where both sides get to be heard.
We are big on mentorship and peer-to-peer learning. Much of the value comes from our industry leaders, exchange partners and other students! Whether this is through the resources shared on Slack, community hosted sessions, virtual exchange or from advice and support.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Upon acceptance, you’ll be invited to join the next onboarding cohort. There are currently three onboarding cohorts in place per year.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Ready for YOUR Hero’s Journey? Here’s what we look for.
We look for passion and diversity. We expect a natural leadership, innovative in spirit and a strong desire to create an impact. Students must have strong academic foundation, an entrepreneurial mindset, curious about the opportunities beyond their local market, and hope to change the world in a remarkable and significant way.
- Current undergraduate students (Recent grads may be considered)
- Preference given to those without prior global learning experiences
- Financial assistance is available for those with demonstrated need
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Expresses curiosity to learn more about how the world works and desire to explore opportunities beyond the local market
- Past innovative/creative pursuits a bonus
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- OCE Fall Cohort has a program fee of $1275 USD. We offer bursaries to accepted students with demonstrated financial need. ASK US for details.
- Our goal is to make the Global Innovation Program accessible to all ambitious students, no matter their financial situation.
- Accepted students may apply for need-based tuition support. In the past our students have also received grants from their schools that covered 50% - 100% of the program fee. ASK US for details.