We invite students and young professionals to join the study trip to Amsterdam! This trip is for those who plan global international career and want to be ready to face the challenges that tomorrow brings! Study trip for students and young professionals in Amsterdam is a unique opportunity to get practical skills and knowledge that can greatly contribute to your professional and personal development. And moreover – it is a chance to spend 6 unforgettable days in one of the most amazing cities in the world – Amsterdam!
During the study trip students and young professionals will be offered sessions conducted by experienced trainers in order to develop some of the soft skills that are necessary for future leaders. Participants will visit organizations and companies to get the practical touch. Those who are interested in career opportunities in the Netherlands will have the opportunity to learn more about that field. Students and young professionals will also visit the university in Amsterdam.
If some of them are interested in learning more about continuing education in the Netherlands within Master and MBA programs – they will have the opportunity to learn more about it. And of course participants will have time for sightseeing in Amsterdam – truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world!
Intercultural communication is one of the key skills that every leader tomorrow will need to have! The only effective way to develop this skill is to visit other countries and develop that skill! Within this study trip, among other session, you will also have the sessions particularly aiming on intercultural communication where you will learn how to build effective relationships with people from other countries.
The study trip is designed for students and young professionals who want to broaden their horizon, for those who see themselves as future global leaders! The trip provides true learning opportunities that you usually do not have within the system of a traditional university.
If you would like to learn something which could be very useful for your professional career, meet great people and spend some time in Amsterdam – then this trip is for you!
Study trips to other countries are great eye-openers which allow you to gain useful knowledge and skills delivered from the point of views of educators from another country as well as it’s a great opportunity to explore the city! One of the unique details about this study trip that in addition to a learning segment we will suggest you some sightseeing where you will be able to discover the dimensions of Amsterdam which are usually hidden from tourists!
Participants arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday. There are no activities planned for those days. Therefore if you arrive early on Sunday or leave late on Friday – you are welcome to organize your our program for that day!
The activities within the program will be on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The following activities will be offered to participants:
- Trainings – the trainings will be conducted by professional tutors and aim on the development of particular soft skills: leadership skills, working in a team, intercultural communication and other skills. The trainings will help to develop those skills that are important for future leaders.
- Lectures – the lectures will provide some knowledge helpful to understand better the challenges that tomorrow brings and how young professional can prepare in order to successfully face those challenged.
- Visits to companies and organizations – the participants will visit companies and organizations to learn about their work and to see how the companies and organizations function. The choice of the companies and organization that we will visit depends on the background and interest of the participants – we will try to choose the ones that are relevant to the learning needs of the participants.
- Visit to the university – the participants will visit the university and see how the education in the Netherlands is organized, they will have the session at the university provided by the staff at the university.
- Sightseeing in Amsterdam – participants will be invited to visit some special places in Amsterdam and learn about the life of Amsterdammers.
The detailed program will be sent to participants before the event.
Please note – in case you would like to arrive few days earlier/leave few days later and you need a visa to enter to the country where the course will take place – you can always ask us to provide a visa invitation for a longer period. Usually this could be possible and we would be happy to assist you on that matter.
The study trip is organized by the Netherlands Education Group. Participants will be provided the certificates of the Netherlands Education Group after the completion of the course.
In case of any questions regarding the course – feel free to send us an Email: K.Bouree@my.nyenrode.nl - or call us +31 30 879 50 55
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Students and young professional with all professional backgrounds are invited to join the study trip. The topics of the trip are chosen in the way that every person who sees him/herself as a future global leader will be able to contribute from the trip despite of the field where they study/studied.
- We do not have any age or geographical limits for the applicants. Person of any age from any country is welcome to apply for the course.
In order to apply for the program – please send an email to the following address –firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the following information in the text of the email:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Title of the course you are applying for
- The reasons why you would like to join the course and the expectations you have from the course
Please send a copy of the email to – email@example.com
We provide a visa invitation for the visa to the Netherlands. Please note – visa invitation is not a visa – with the invitation that we will send, you will still need to go to the closest Dutch Consulate and apply for a visa. Together with the visa invitation you will need to provide other documents – usually those documents include passport, passport size photo, filled application form, insurance, proof of means, proof of work/study and other documents. The list of the documents might slightly differ depending on the country where you apply for a visa. Please check the website of the closest Dutch Consulate to see what is the list of the documents you need to prepare.
Deadline: August 17, 2018
Program Starts: August 26, 2018
Program Ends: August 31, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
The fee for the course is 550 euro. The fee includes:
- Accommodation (in Amsterdam)
- The course (including all costs of the materials)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and coffee-breaks)
The tickets to and from the Netherlands are not included in the price. The participants need to purchase their tickets additionally.
Participants of the event will be offered a great opportunity to experience unique accommodation – hotel on the boat! Yes, participants won’t be accommodated just in a regular hotel, they will be accommodated in the hotel…on the boat!
In this way you will not just visit Amsterdam for a course but will also have a chance to enjoy one of the things that Amsterdam is famous for – its accommodation on the boats!
Participants will stay in shared rooms (single accommodation is also possible for the extra fee of 180 euro). Boat hotel also provides kitchen that can be used by participants as well. Deck of the boat can be used by participants as well.
Breakfast will be provided in the morning in the boat hotel.
Hotel on the boat is the chance to experience the true Amsterdam! Usually for the groups we rent the whole boat so there will be no other guests staying in the hotel during our stay! And that means the group can have the whole boat for the period of the program and fully enjoy the experience! We hire different boats for our projects depending on the amount of participants. The location of the boat is varies as well. Right before the program when we will know for sure how many participants we have we will be able to determine which boat we are going to hire and will send the address and detailed description of how to reach the place to the participants. However, all the boats we usually hire are very similar to each other and fall under the description above.
Due to weather conditions sometimes we are unable to accommodate participants on the hotel on the boat – in this case the regular accommodation will be provided. If this will be the case – you will be informed about in in advance.