Germany United Kingdom United States of America Worldwide
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt’s growth in all sectors.
The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Qalaa Holdings to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees abroad in all fields of study.
About Qalaa Holdings
Qalaa Holdings is an African leader in energy and infrastructure. The firm builds businesses in core industries that will define the region’s future. The 32,000 employees of the company’s core subsidiaries and other investments work each day to deliver energy to consumers and businesses alike; to provide reliable, fuel-efficient transportation solutions; to grow or manufacture safe, healthy food; to add value to natural resources; and to help build critical national infrastructure Qalaa Holdings is a company that prizes innovation, value creation and sustainability in all of its investments and activities. Qalaa Holdings was founded in 2004 and is based in Cairo, Egypt with additional offices in Algiers, Algeria; and Nairobi, Kenya.
- January 15th: Beginning of round. Applicants can begin submitting applications. Application form made available online.
- April 15th: Deadline for submitting applications.
- May: Shortlisting completed. Semi-finalists contacted for personal interviews.
- June: Scholarship recipients announced.
- July – August: Placement and departure of scholars
Your application package must include the following:
- The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship application form DOWNLOAD HERE
- Copy of letter of acceptance to University of choice
- Copy of (completed) application form submitted to university of choice
- An updated C.V.
- Two reference letters (academic and professional)
- Copy of Military Certificate (for Males only)
Once it is completed, please submit your application package to:By Regular Post:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box 29
Postal Code: 11516
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Hold at Fedex Mohandessin office
- You can check that your application has been delivered through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly wait for a week before checking.
- Please submit an acceptance letter to only one university.
- Submit your application package only once.
- Multiple applications from one person will result in rejection of all applications.
- Applications cannot be submitted by hand.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Eligibility criteria for application:
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
QHSF reserves the right to require additional conditions as seen necessary. QHSF also retains the right to withdraw scholarships at its own discretion.
What are the conditions for applying?
- The main condition to apply for a Qalaa scholarship is to be accepted at the university of choice.
- High ranking universities are always preferred. Information on university rankings can be obtained through the internet, we do not consult one particular ranking system.
- A valid official acceptance letter from the university is required for the application to be processed.
- Conditional acceptance letters are acceptable if they are solely on condition of financing.
- Acceptance letters with language conditions will not be accepted.
The decision is decided based on the quality of the application, financial condition of the applicant and is ultimately assessed by the evaluating committee.
Deadline: April 15, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The Qalaa Scholarship funds under two schemes:
- the full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses and
- the partial scholarship covering tuition only.
The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum