The future is female. We’re searching for the most ambitious, game-changing, female-led impact ventures in Africa, Bangladesh and the Pacific.
About the yher Accelerator
We believe the Future is Female. We know women are vibrant and vital architects of society. We know women are the best levers for change in our world. We also know female entrepreneurs need to be championed.
With the amazing successes of the yher program in Africa – a place where more women are pursuing entrepreneurship per capita than anywhere else in the world – we’re expanding our search for unrivaled entrepreneurial women to include Bangladesh and the Pacific. Women running high-impact ventures aimed at improving the lives and women and girls in these areas will be eligible to apply for our accelerator program and receive all the support and benefits that accompany it.
- It’s simple. We truly believe that change is driven by socially conscious businesses and we want to see women running bigger and better ventures.
- We are entrepreneurs ourselves. We’ve started highly successful social enterprises, run global campaigns and accelerated 444 startup impact ventures across five countries, helping change the lives of close to 586,389 people living in poverty. We have also been the first to invest in some game-changing startups in Kenya and South Africa.
- We don’t take equity in your venture, in fact we don’t even charge you for the program! We’ll cover the cost of everything apart from your travel to the Accelerator.
- We take you through a tried and tested curriculum designed specifically BY women FOR women.
- We take a holistic approach to our program, accelerating not just your venture but YOU as an entrepreneur, ensuring you have the tools, techniques, courage and tribe of women supporting you to handle the roller coaster journey that is life as an impact entrepreneur.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who we’re looking for:
- Female-Led Ventures: You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
- Local: You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve.
- Social Impact: Your venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Support Women and Girls: While not required, we preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
- In the Early Stages: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants: