Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Australia Belgium Brazil Cameroon Canada Chile China Colombia Czech Republic Egypt France Germany Hungary Indonesia Ireland Italy Ivory Coast Japan Kenya Malaysia Mexico Nigeria Peru Poland Romania Russia Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Spain Switzerland Taiwan Thailand Turkey United Kingdom United States of America Vietnam Worldwide
Are you a talented and ambitious student or graduate who shares our values? This two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading healthcare companies. The Future Leaders Programme is GSK's global graduate training programme. Every year we select talented ambitious people from countries across the world to join us and prepare for a future career as a leader in healthcare.
Over the course of two to three years, we’ll give you exceptional opportunities to develop both your technical and leadership skills.
In return for strong performance, dedication and commitment, the Future Leaders Programme offers you a rich variety of training, development and mentoring to help boost your career.
You’ll experience diverse aspects of our business and will build breadth into your career by taking rotations within your business unit, by moving into a different business area or even by working in a different location.
Throughout the training programme, you’ll have regular, open and honest discussions with your manager about your performance and development plans. You’ll also gain further insights and support from mentors, coaches and a wider network of colleagues.
We’ll help you become a leader of the future, equipped to inspire and guide others.
If you are hardworking and dedicated, our Future Leaders Programme will boost your career. You'll experience different aspects of your chosen business area, and learn how other areas of our business work.
We want our Future Leaders to have a broad understanding of our company and we’ve designed our programme to offer exactly that.
Right through the programme you’ll have access to all the support you need, but the ultimate responsibility for shaping your career will be yours. You and your manager will have open, frank conversations about your progress and your plans for the future. We believe in mentoring and coaching so there will be no shortage of people to give you interesting insights and expert career advice.
Becoming a Future Leader
Leaders inspire others with their values and their actions. The Future Leaders Programme will develop you into one of tomorrow’s leaders.
There are different career paths available in different countries, so do check the locations on each programme’s page.
- Communications and Government Affairs: In this role, you’ll help us protect and enhance our reputation both inside and outside our company.
- Finance: Are you a self-motivated, adaptable graduate with an interest in finance? Finance supports everything we do here at GSK and, if you join us, you’ll use numbers to make a difference.
- Human resources: Make sure we find and keep the right people to deliver our strategy, and that they’re well-rewarded and well looked after.
- Procurement: Join our global procurement team to learn how smart purchasing, strategic thinking and great relationships help a business like ours to thrive.
- Technology: Help us use technology in sustainable and innovative ways so we can meet our strategic objectives.
Sales and marketing
- Commercial management (Consumer Healthcare): Work with household-name products that reach people in more than 100 countries worldwide.
- Commercial management (Pharmaceuticals): Are you a commercially sharp graduate who wants to help people do more, feel better, live longer? You can work towards this goal as part of our Commercial management team, based in Pharmaceuticals.
Manufacturing and supply
- Engineering: Help us to devise and implement leading edge manufacturing technologies.
- Engineering (Vaccines): We’re looking for Future Leaders willing to grow expertise in Engineering (Vaccines)
- Supply chain: Help us optimise the delivery of billions of packs of medicines and healthcare products every year, so people can do more feel better, live longer.
- Manufacturing sciences: Are you an adaptable, analytical graduate who’s keen to work with leaders in their fields? Science is the bedrock of our success and our experts are recognised as authorities in their respective subjects.
- Manufacturing operations: Are you a graduate with the talent and adaptability to help us get vaccines to people in 90% of the world’s countries? If so, you could be part of our highly scientific Manufacturing operations and quality (Vaccines) function, working with the latest in cutting edge technology.
Research and development
- Clinical Programming: Are you an innovative graduate with a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related discipline? If so you could help us define and implement strategies to modernise data delivery for clinical development.
- Drug design and selection: Join us on this new three-year programme within Protein, cellular and structural sciences (PCSS), part of Drug design and selection (DDS).
- Product development and supply: Join us in Product development and supply, and you’ll be part of a function that develops medicines from discovery through clinical trials and registration, to the factory and beyond.
- Regulatory affairs: Are you an analytical graduate who can help us meet rigorous regulatory standards? This will be your challenge within our dedicated Regulatory affairs department.
- Research and development (Consumer Healthcare): On our tailored development programme within R&D (Consumer Healthcare), you’ll make consumers’ lives easier through our targeted scientific efforts all over the globe.
- Research and development (Vaccines): Are you an analytical graduate who’s keen to develop innovative vaccines that meet real public health needs? If so, you could be working on solutions with the potential to save lives worldwide.
Opportunity is About
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate
If you’re to join us, it’s essential that you have real ambition, a genuine interest in your chosen programme and a self-motivated, proactive approach. You’ll need to be a clear, effective communicator who can work across boundaries and quickly build a rapport with a wide range of people.
Just as important is how you adapt to change and keep focused when the pressure is on. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement, you’re also a real team player who can actively collaborate with others. Not least, you’ll need an analytical mind, a talent for multi-tasking and the ability to influence people.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants
TotalReward helps us attract and retain the best people – and ensures that we work together to deliver our mission and objectives. It gives you:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
Internships, scholarships, student conferences and competitions.