Sail aboard a Greenpeace ship - Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via EmailHave the experience of a lifetime.
Want to become Greenpeace crew member and help protect our planet? If you have experience at sea, valid marine qualifications, licences, or are eager to learn - join us! We look forward to sailing with you.
If you have experience at sea and hold the appropriate and valid STCW95 licenses then you can use this online form to apply for a paid position on board our ships.
If you would like to volunteer, or if you would prefer to send us a more detailed application with an attached CV and cover letter, you can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via post.
We offer paid three month tours of duty coupled with exciting campaigns. If we cannot offer you an immediate opening we can still keep you on our prospective crew database which we refer to whenever we are in need.
Join us at sea
The ship’s core crew is made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds – ranging from captains, mates, and marine engineers to doctors, cooks and volunteer deckhands. It is hard work. But it could be the experience of a lifetime. Follow these steps to apply:
- Learn about our ships: Take a guided tour of our fleet.
- What motivates you? Be prepared to express your interest in sailing with us, your affinity with our goals, and the skills that you hold that could be an asset.
- Volunteer with a local office: Get to know the people who can help you get aboard a Greenpeace ship. Find a Greenpeace office near you, and volunteer locally.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Some people look at a forest, and all they see is lumber. But there are millions more who see a home, a heritage, a future. Around the globe, we are standing up for our communities, and we are holding governments and corporations accountable. Whether on the streets or at the ballot box, we hold the real power when we work together.
We believe optimism is a form of courage. We believe that a billion acts of courage can spark a brighter tomorrow.
To that end we model courage, we champion courage, we share stories of courageous acts by our supporters and allies, we invite people out of their comfort zones to take courageous action with us, individually in their daily lives, and in community with others who share our commitment to a better world.
A green and peaceful future is our quest. The heroes of our story are all of us who believe that better world is not only within reach, but being built today.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- You must hold a passport that is valid for at least another 9 months.
- It is important that you are comfortable sailing on small ships in a multicultural, mixed gender, risk based environment. You might be required to share a cabin during campaigns.