It can be easy to feel like you don’t have the courage to go after what you want in life and reach your full potential. It could be the fear of failure that holds you back and makes you think that we aren’t good enough. Have you ever asked yourself, “Do I really have what it takes to be the next Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey or Bill Gates”?
By Ariel Gough
According to a recent study in the International Journal of Behavioral Science, nearly 70% of millennials suffer from Imposter Syndrome, which is the “feeling that their achievements are undeserved and that they’re likely to be exposed as a fraud.”
However, millennials have the potential to be highly successful and reshape the world as we know it - we just need to start believing in ourselves.
Here are 15 quotes from successful people that will motivate you to dream big, take risks and embrace failure to reach your success goals:
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life -- think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success." - Swami Vivekananda
- "The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting."- Walt Disney
- "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.” - Wayne Gretzky
- "Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve."- Mary Kay Ash
- "The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that's changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." - Mark Zuckerberg
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
- "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."- Barack Obama
- "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
- "To be successful, you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can't just accept the ones you like." - Mike Gafka
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” - Vince Lombardi
- “Really it comes down to your philosophy. Do you want to play it safe and be good or do you want to take a chance and be great?” - Jimmy J
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” - Harriet Tubman
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint—and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It’s not about money or connections—it’s the willingness to out work and outlearn everyone…And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” – Mark Cuban
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes–understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
We hope that these quotes will motivate you to go out there and get what you want in life while making an impact for generations to come.
Tell us – what quotes motivate you to achieve your success goals?